Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kanye West Apologizes On Jay Leno

Kanye West Apologizes On Jay Leno
Jay Leno premiered his new television show, "The Jay Leno Show," on NBC on Monday night, and Kanye West appeared, apologizing for the third time for upstaging Taylor Swift last night at the VMAs. "It's been extremely difficult, I'm just dealing with the fact that I hurt someone," West told Leno. "I only wanted to help people, my entire life, I always wanted to give and do something… I immediately knew in this situation that it was wrong… It was actually someone's emotions that I stepped on. I'd like to be able to apologize to her in person," he went on to say.
When Jay asked what Kanye's mother Donda, who passed away in November of 2007, would have thought of his behavior, Kanye paused for a very long time, and then answered, "Yeah, obviously I deal with hurt and so many celebrities you know, they never take the time off, I've never really taken time off. … I'm just ashamed that my hurt caused someone else's hurt."
He added that what he did was wrong and he wasn't going to try to justify it, and also said, "I need to, after this, take some time off and analyze how I'm going to make it through the rest of this life, how I'm going to improve. If there's anything I can do to help Taylor in the future, to help anyone, I'd like to." After speaking with Jay, Kanye took the stage with Jay-Z and Rihanna for a performance of "Run This Town." Others appearing on Jay's first episode included Jerry Seinfeld and Oprah, who chimed in via satellite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share