Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20 1969

I know exactly where I was July 20, 1969 when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on the moon. I was at my grandparent's house, sitting on the floor in front of the TV. Well just to the right of the front of the TV so everyone else could see.
My grandparents had one of those big National Geographic World Atlas and I had it in my lap looking at the map of the moon trying to find the Sea of Tranquility. Then I drove everyone nuts by continuously pointing it out to everyone and saying "they're right there, that's where the astronauts are".
Walter Cronkite was saying man has landed on the moon. My grandfather always complained about Walter Cronkite saying he was a democrat and never reported anything good about the republicans. Funny, even though grandfather complained we never watched anybody but Cronkite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share