Monday, July 20, 2009

Stephanie Abrams

Roker and cohost Stephanie Abrams launched their weather-and-headlines program on July 20, with special guest Buzz Aldrin (pictured, with Roker), who celebrated the 40th anniversary of his Apollo 11 lunar landing by correcting Al when he said that Buzz had once described the moon as "magnificent isolation" instead of "magnificent desolation."
Did anyone catch Wake Up with Al? What did you think? My thoughts on the first four minutes: That touch-screen technology might be fun for Al to play with, but its introduction failed to wow me as a home viewer; they need to steal a bigger screen from the set of the NCIS spinoff.
The nickname Al and Stephanie have decided we'll all call their show because it signifies how offbeat they are. WUWA is surprisingly difficult for me to say, so perhaps I'm biased. I do, however, approve of the Wake Up With Al alarm clark giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share