Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Howard Davidowitz

Howard Davidowitz appears to me, to be one of the few who 'see the light' - or at least my light. He is Anti Kool Aid [Aug 14, 2008: Howard Davidowitz - the Only Realistic Retail Analyst in America?] [Mar 30, 2008: Howard Davidowitz on US Consumer] I do believe the average American, in narcissistic form, is in denial as is our leadership. I was saying the same "alarmist" type of things about the economy in 2007 - and was proven correct.
This "Pooring of America" mantra will take much longer to play out so I cannot be proven wrong or right as quickly as came to be with the economy. But we'll check back in 2019 on this thesis of mine ;) One can agree or disagree with this view today - but I'd ask people to consider viewpoints that differ from theirs. We have a too many people who act like ostriches with head in the sand; until you recognize a problem you cannot begin to address it.
Back when I started the blog, I coined a phrase "The Pooring of America" - this was a theme based on a confluence of events, some of which we brought upon ourselves, some global changes. We don't spend a lot of time talking about the "long long" term because in the stock market "long term" is now next week. The "shopping culture" we've transformed into, while dispensing with productive industries - is also a whole 'nother animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share