Saturday, June 11, 2011

Andy Roddick

Andy Roddick


Andy Murray admits he is an impressive 6-3, 6-1 victory over Andy Roddick in the semifinals at Queen's was the perfect tonic for Wimbledon. Murray reached the Wimbledon warmup event for serious concern about the tape ankle injury suffered at the French Open, but the world number four of the concerns have eased with a magnificent Seven West London.

Comes after the two test matches against Xavier Malisse and Janko Tipsarevic, Murray was a bonus for extra rest just a day after pulling off Marin Cilic in the quarter. This helped to significantly improve the ankle and along with his demolition of Roddick, Murray is a good seven days, regardless of the outcome of Sunday's final against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

"This week is almost perfect," said Murray. "I got through the difficult first two matches, and it was a real test to someone that I can play, if you want all the way to Wimbledon." It just gives me the message that I am in the right place. I played well. I struggled at times this year, but I feel now I'm playing really good tennis again. "Physically I feel good, what is important. My game where you used to. That's all I can ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share