Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ironman Louisville 2009

Ironman Louisville 2009
Almost 3000 athletes from over 20 different countries are taking on Ironman Louisville 2009 triathlon today. The 2.4 mile swim, followed by the 112 mile bike, followed by the marathon run will test them to the extreme. You can watch the Ironman Louisville 2009 race live HERE and keep up with the athletes HERE. And you can get full results of both the professional and amatuer race HERE as well as track the athletes progress.
Australian Luke McKenzie, a two-time Ironman champ South Africa's Raynard Tissink with five Ironman titles are favorite to win on the men's side. Kramer-Postma Nina Kraft, Fernanda Keller will battle Lisbeth Kristensen as she tries to defend her title on the women's side of the race Well… Getting to this day has been a year long process. I first came here a year ago with my tri friends to cheer on other tri friends as they raced away in Ironman Louisville. The next day 15 of us signed up together.
Little did I even realize how much I would change in a years time. The up’s and down’s in life both personally and professionally all the while I had Ironman as my goal. So as you read this I’m well into the race and I’m really thankful for all your well wishes and prayers. Thank you Randy and Chris Elrod for walking with me through this entire process. Randy… our runs together mean more to me than any other time we have to hang and talk….Well besides all the wine, food and good porch time:) Dan Perkins, who is racing as well in Ironman Louisville, thanks for all the advice and encouragement. This is Dan’s 10th Ironman! Thanks to my co-workers for putting up with me, especially my boss, Steve- not only is he a great boss but his friendship never fails and his guidance is always solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share