Friday, October 23, 2009

somer thomson

somer thomson

Some of Thompson's body found in landfill Georgia on Thursday, a colleague said he wanted to pray for the child and his family. I replied that I would do the same thing. But then I said that I thought should have been more that we can all do to protect our children. There were too many of these types of news and horrors, with the innocence of childhood innocence is at stake.
I believe prayer is helpful for Somer’s family and Somer herself, but I also believe that prayer can give us a necessary “time out” from which to consider what exactly is going on in our world and our communities today. Why the loss of innocence and more important what we can do about it.Bottom line: why can’t kids safely walk to school anymore? I remember as a kid growing up in Queens in the early 1960s. There was a child killer on the loose. The manhunt captured the city for weeks. After he was caught, life went on for me and my friends, but the first life lesson learned was to be careful who you talk to no matter how nice they appear to be.
Thus, in a way that disadvantaged children in the violent reality is not new. But I think we can all agree and crime statistics support this rate and the terrible nature of crimes against children is much worse than what many of us were children, and that is changing the way of childhood lived in worse. Even after we heard about a child murderer, were more cautious, but our innocence is still intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share