Wednesday, October 14, 2009

virgin maria auxiliatrix

virgin maria auxiliatrix
The title of the Virgin Mary Help of Christian "caught my eye this morning. I was browsing the news this morning when I saw him at the top of Google's Hot Trends list. I am not Catholic, but I demand, and I want to encourage and help others connect with God. So, I'm interested with the sudden (and in the case of Google) "volcanic" interest in spiritual themes. J 'I decided to learn more.
My crash course understanding is that "Virgin Maria Auxiliatrix" is a kind of prayer - "Virgin Mary, Help." Catholic Christians believe that Saints living in heaven - Mary chief among them - have close access to God. They say that while all Christians are invited to talk directly with God through Jesus, our prayers can be expedited by asking Christian saints to intercede on our behalf. Catholics don't so much pray to Mary as ask for her assistance in boosting our prayers toward God. Let me say again... I'm not Catholic. I've never yet directed a request to Mary or another deceased saint to intercede for me to God. I believe I have simple and direct access to God through Jesus and am invited to ask for help myself. I do this all the time and I believe I get answers all the time.
I have been thinking out loud here ... I'm moving to Christianity in the form, and I'm not ready for the daily practice of appealing to the saints. I work in the past alleged prejudices, to admit - publicly - that I understand that the number of Catholic brothers came to their beliefs and practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share